How to rock your workout without your personal trainer!!!
One of the most common questions I get from my clients is, “What do I do when I go to the gym when I’m not with you.”
I am an in-home trainer, meaning I go right to my client’s homes or office buildings. So in context, this is a great question. Unfortunately, my answer is always, “It depends.”
Each gym is different, and has different equipment. Each gym has a few “Go-to’s” that almost every gym has, but it’s difficult to explain how to explain the mechanics of a machine that you’ve never done before.
SO, here are my rules for the gym:
1. Do one lower body movement-my personal favorite is walking lunges, bridges, squats, leg-press.
2. Do one push movement- push ups, bench press, band presses.
3. Do one pull movement- bent-over rows, supinated grip rows, wide band rows, lat pulldowns.
4. Do one ab movement- ab plank, crunches, ab twists (weighted or band).
5. Do all of these movement until you feel that awful, crazy, ridiculous, I’m-going-to-burnout BURN.
I like to do 3-8 sets depending on the time I have, but the most important part is to get to that BURN! You don’t have to count your reps if you don’t want, you can time yourself, or just do the assigned movement until you feel like you will completely burn out.
If you do these 5 movements at any gym, hotel workout room, vacation home, cottage, or other place you might be able to carve out time for a workout in, you will be well on your way to a great workout!
As always, for all of your in-home workout and nutritional needs,
Megan Williams Training